Hassle-free Cold Malted Milk Drinks

I often like my milk drinks cold. (e.g. chocolate, malted chocolate, or malted milk.) Chilling the canned version is an option, but it normally tastes different from the kind you make from powder, and you can't choose what kind of milk to put in. You could add ice, but that normally dilutes the milk. And it's just too much of a hassle to warm up the milk, dissolve the powder, then cool the milk down again... unless you are Pyro and have Iceman as a brother I suppose. -_-;;

So I got very excited when I found these in a US supermarket:
Three bottles of malted drink powders: Ovaltine's Rich Chocolate and Chocolate Malt, and Carnation's Malted Milk.
You just need to add the powder directly to cold milk and stir! For the Ovaltine flavours, almost all of it dissolves instantly. Pretty much nothing gets left behind. But you need a bit more patience for the Carnation one.
Ovaltine's bottle label instructions telling you to just add to cold milk and stir.
In particular, the blue Rich Chocolate flavour is probably one of the rare, if not only, chocolate powders I know of that can be made cold instantly.

I first discovered the Classic Malt flavour of Ovaltine (not in pictures) in a supermarket in Bangkok almost two years ago, and found the other flavours in the US earlier this year. Apparently, Carnation also has a Chocolate Malt flavour, but I didn't see it in the store. Unfortunately, I've yet to see them appear in Singaporean supermarkets... maybe they'll show up soon? It's about time...

For more details: Ovaltine, Carnation

Found these drinks interesting? Check out more unusual drinks here!

Comments