Jammin' with Bacon!!

Discovered this in my fridge recently. Eat17 Bacon Jam. Apparently, they have an entire page dedicated to this product. Although, it's the fifth product on their page... they have other similar and equally tempting ones. This came directly from Eat17, East London.

After trying it, I must say it does deserve that page.
Bacon jam.Bacon jam texture.
It has an impressive ingredients list, including smoked bacon, red onions, muscovado sugar (whatever that is), apple juice, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup (!!!), lemon juice, bourbon, coffee, rosemary and thyme.

And it was awesome! It was savoury and sweet, kinda like smoked honey baked ham, only it's the bacon version. The onion relish and thyme flavours also came through strongly, producing a lovely Mediterranean flavour.

Although, I must say I couldn't taste the bourbon or any liqueur taste. Maybe it was just meant to be very subtle.

It makes for a versatile seasoning, dip or flavour-enhancing addition to many snacks. For instance, I enjoyed it in these ways...

Microwaved Scrambled Eggs

I mixed it up in beaten egg before microwaving, according to these steps that I've blogged about previously.
Added into scrambled eggs...
Bacon Dip

I also had it as a dip with some savoury Italian pastry sticks.
...or enjoyed as a sweet-savoury dip.
The only downside was that it came in a small bottle... just too little of it! It'll probably be gone in one snacking session, given how addictive it is!

Comments