White Choc PB

Peanut Butter & Co has a number of interesting peanut butter flavours. I gave the cinnamon & raisin one away to a friend, so I couldn't try that. But I managed to order this white chocolate flavour in from the US. ^___^
Peanut Butter & Co's white chocolate peanut butter.
I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I guess I can say I was kinda disappointed when what I tasted, in that it wasn't anything new - it tasted like peanut butter cream... like what you get when you eat peanut butter-filled chocolates, like Reese's, or Oreo cookies with peanut butter cream, or peanut butter sandwich cookies, for instance. Y'know how those peanut butter fillings aren't really like 100% pure peanut butter? In that they're sweet, have a slight vanilla taste, and don't have a very strong peanut taste? It was like that.
It looked like normal peanut butter - no difference in colour or chunks of white chocolate.
I suppose on hindsight it shoulda been obvious what to expect... the peanut butter in fillings, mixed with the chocolate around them (albeit not white chocolate), or mixed with cream and/or sugar, should pretty much result in the peanut butter + cocoa butter + creaminess taste. 

To be fair, I found it interesting that the white chocolate element was a part of the overall peanut butter, rather than just having normal peanut butter with white chocolate chunks.

I guess the point of interest, though, is that they used all natural ingredients; they used peanuts, cane syrup, cocoa butter, vanilla, palm oil, lecithin and salt. I used to associate that non-pure peanut butter taste with hydrogenated oils and other fake ingredients, but now I've learned that it's possible to have that taste from completely pure ingredients.

Comments