Ayam Buah Keluak on the Go

Second post on PeraMakan today. I love ayam buah keluak due to its strong and unique flavour, but unfortunately it is usually a lot of trouble to prepare. So I was delighted when I saw that PeraMakan sold ayam buah keluak buns at its Tang's stall in the middle of town. And I was delighted that it wasn't just wrapped in a plain bun, but rather came with that buttery cookie-like top used for typical polo buns.
Crumbly polo bun crust.
The line down the middle was because the stall personnel kindly helped us warm it up and cut it open for us, perhaps necessary in the warming up process. 
Freshly warmed up for us by the thoughtful stall personnel!
The portion of chicken was generous and the buah keluak flavour was prominent, although I must say not the best I have eaten.
The chicken filling was mixed with a good amount of buah keluak.
Still, it was a unique treat of good value... I think it was also $2.20 thereabouts... a very decent price for Peranakan food which normally takes a long time to prepare! And from a very accessible place to top it off. Once again, I would recommend this as unique and convenient party fare.

If you're not from Southeast Asia, you may never have come across Buah Keluak before. If you found this interesting, explore more exceptionally unusual food and drinks here!

Comments