Happy Halloween! With festive tarts and cupcakes...

Bah I'm a few minutes too late! Well, maybe just for Singapore. It's still Halloween elsewhere.

Anyway, I attended a Halloween event and had some nice festive treats!! Check out these cute & friendly ghosts and Jack-o'-lanterns ambushing you from the cupcakes! ^___^
Friendly ghost cupcakes! =D
Doesn't the cutesy art style remind you of Japanese characters like Hello Kitty and the like?

I didn't try them because I was told that they're pretty standard taste-wise, hence "not worth the calories" XD. From their appearance, I was inclined to believe that.

So I wanted to blog not about the cupcakes, but these amazing matcha lemon tarts! They were kind of like lemon curd tarts topped with a generous dollop of fragrant matcha cream.
The bright green and yellow colours made these tarts stand out.
Everything about it was awesome! Of course, the pastry was crisp and done in that delicate caramel-tinged French style.

But what really impressed me was the matcha-lemon combination, which went surprisingly well together. The mildly bitter and sour tastes were an unexpectedly complementary combination. The tea and lemon flavours were also refreshing together.

And I loved the colour contrast, which not only made these tarts stand out visually, but were also fitting as gaudy Halloween shades.

The other two tarts were apparently awesome too. I tried the chocolate one, which was a kind of chocolate hazelnut crunch tart. It was delicious! But as these two tarts were more standard high-quality stuff, I wasn't as intrigued by them.

Too bad I never found out the details of the vendor. Will update if I do.

Found these Halloween bakes interesting? Check out more unusual cakes and unusual pastries here!

Comments