Macarons with an East Asian Twist

Well, maybe it's more specifically a Japanese twist...

But first, here's the colourful spread...

This was at Patisserie G @ Millenia Walk. I like how they use different colours for each side of the macaron.
A colourful spread of macarons.
And this is what we picked!
Gaudy colours, but all right on macarons I guess. =)
Green Tea Cherry Macaron

This was the most ordinary one perhaps. It tasted like a good but normal green tea maracon of the matcha flavour. I couldn't taste the cherry in the macaron cream itself. It had a piece of cherry inside, but I didn't get to try that because we were sharing and I gave that to the others. Well, I suppose the bright pink counts for something though.

White Miso Milk Chocolate Macaron

This was the light brown one.

I so had to try this. How on earth would miso and chocolate go together?

Quite well, actually. Among the three, this was my party's favourite. It was savoury more than sweet. Together with the chocolate, it kinda had a salted caramel sweet-savoury effect.

The only down side is that I couldn't distinguish the specific miso flavour, which got buried in the salt and the chocolate.

Chestnut Plum Macaron

It's the purple and orange one. This was also very interesting, although probably not my cup of tea. The earthy and sweet chestnut flavour dominated, with the sour plum flavour contributing an interesting hue. I think there was also some liqueur in it - probably umeshu (plum liqueur).

I would say the price wasn't cheap, but it was commensurate with the interesting flavours and good quality.

The place also had a pleasant ambience, and the mall it is nested in tends to be relatively quiet event on weekends. Overall, a recommended stop.

Comments