Latte art... in natural pastel purple! Purple Sweet Potato Latte

This is possibly one of my favourite drinks! It's a purple sweet potato latte. I got it on promotion for just $0.60 through the Sugar App from Cups & Canvas along Selegie Road, Singapore.
Pastel purple latte art.Purple sweet potato latte.
I absolutely loved the unique and soothing pastel purple colour, as well as the fact that they took the trouble to draw such nice latte art. It was a more intricate design than the promotional image displayed through the app. 

In terms of quality, it had a very strong and natural sweet potato taste! Like a pure and natural sweet potato milkshake, only warm. It wasn't too sweet... I don't think they added sugar if at all, because from experience, sweet potato should be sweet enough to naturally flavour what I tasted that evening.

There were also actual bits of purple sweet potato at the bottom, which you can see as the dark purple grains in two of the images. With the milk, it was like a bit of a milky sweet potato porridge that I thoroughly enjoyed after savouring the latte.
Bits of actual purple sweet potato at the bottom of the drink.
This was potentially one of the most unique lattes I had had; I was really impressed by the simplicity and elegance of the idea, and thankful that it was of good quality. I thought that perhaps I would find more unique gems at the cafe... unfortunately, nothing else really caught my attention. I suppose not everyone has my quirky habit of trying new stuff, so they may not have been able to survive if they had featured more of such drinks on their menu. 

Still, they also conduct art classes... that's what the "canvas" part of their name refers to. So shouldn't it be fine to apply the creative theme to more of their menu as well? Oh well...

Found this drink interesting? Check out more unusual drinks here!

Comments