Black Sesame Milk Tea with Pudding

(Brief post because some may not count this drink as too unusual, I think, but I have never tried this combination before, so I decided to log an entry on it.) I recently ordered this drink from Gong Cha because it had some of my all-time favourite ingredients mixed into one - black sesame, milk and pudding! I chose 0% sugar, as the pudding was already a tad sweet. And it turned out to be a great combination!
The dark black dots are the bits of ground black sesame, and the yellow lumps are the pieces of pudding. Overall, it was a neutral grey.

I should qualify though, although the drink was called "black sesame tea", I didn't taste any tea in it at all. There was also not a hint of brownness in the colour. Either it was overwhelmed by the milk and black sesame taste, or else they were referring to "tea" in the sense of, say, "rose tea" or "sakura tea", which isn't brewed from tea leaves at all.

The good amount of black sesame flavour went well with the milk, like black sesame-flavoured ice cream, except that I hardly ever find black sesame milk on sale aside from this.

The soft, bouncy and jelly-like pudding also provided a nice chewing experience, while the little bits of ground black sesame added some variety to the texture.

I think this could be my favourite drink for a season. Or at least, some kinda comfort drink. (^-^)

And perhaps the next step is to have a black sesame milk pudding or something... Anyway, the next post will also feature pudding... I think these items may turn into a longer-term pudding craving. (I can see why the Japanese are so crazy about it.) So well, stay tuned!

Found this drink interesting? Check out more unusual drinks here!

Comments