Tandoori Salad

I tried this from the Indian stall at Palette @ the newly-opened Capitol Piazza mainly because it was something I hadn't tried before, but as I savoured it, I realised that it was actually a pretty good idea - to just mix the normal Indian dishes with fresh greens and turn them into salads. 
Chicken tandoori salad from Palette.
I can't remember the actual name, but it's essentially a chicken tandoori salad. Basically, this was just tossing some tandoori chicken and gravy with fresh greens - plain and simple, nothing else done or added. The gravy acted as a natural salad dressing. (There were actually chopped raw onions, but I didn't like them so I picked them out before snapping the shot.)

It was actually really good! The salad added a nice crisp and crunchy texture to the smooth and moist tandoori mixture, and the greens and purples of the salad also added a nice pop of colour to the otherwise monotonous orange of the tandoori dish.

And I thought it would be a good idea to also do this to palak paneer, butter chicken, or any other Indian dish. It actually sounds rather commonsensical... so I wonder if I'm late to discovering this or if people have just never blended Californian light and healthy-eating culture with the Indian smorgasbord party palette.

Comments