Scallop & Oyster Hors d'Oeuvre

At a recent networking event, they served this interesting hors d'oeuvre which comprised mainly coarsely chopped scallops mixed in an interesting sauce, which I believe was made by smashing raw oysters. They served it in this cup-like bowl, about 2 inches in diameter... so it was really cute indeed.
Scallop and oyster hors d'oeuvre.
I think the oysters gave sauce the orange colour and creamy texture. There was also some herby leaf that I bit into - lemongrass I believe. The little green bits that I could see (as in the picture) looked a bit more like chives though.

The sauce tasted like a slightly sour sesame or other Japanese salad dressing... can't quite put my finger on it though.

It was good, but I suppose I'm just not particularly fond of the raw oyster taste, which was quite strong in this. So it wasn't my favourite tidbit of the night. The others were quite ordinary though, and so not worth featuring.
~~~
The classiness and daintiness of the dish reminded me of this song... which I would associate with slow and lazy chats in an elegant and classy setting. Just a note, however, that the networking event was really noisy, as expected. Completely different from the mood that this song evokes.


Cry Me a River
by Julie London

Comments