Welcome to Tea Time!

I had a nice Christmas-themed snack for tea at Starbucks recently. It's a part of their new Christmas menu, which I thought had pretty good offerings, and I was spoiled for choice before finally settling for this red and green pepper scone with cream cheese.

Savoury scones are generally not as commonly found in Singapore, other than the standard cheese scone perhaps, so this was a refreshing find for me. 
Red and green pepper scone, dotted with festive colours.
There were many bits of red and green pepper embedded in the scone, and it had a very nice Mediterranean flavour to it. I think I also saw some sun-dried tomatoes in the scone itself.

All these veggies gave the scone a very nice colour. What's more, it fit right in with the Christmas theme!
A satisfying dollop of sun-dried tomato cream cheese was sandwiched between.
The cream cheese sandwiched in the middle reminded me of Boursin's sun-dried tomato cheese, and was a very nice complement to the peppers in the scone.

All in all, a very well-conceived snack indeed!

I had this with a cup of hojicha soy latte (or hōjicha/houjicha). I love the soy milk and tea combination, which pairs the mellow soy milk flavour with earthy tea. And whenever I visit Starbucks, it's usually this or the green tea (matcha) soy latte with no sugar vanilla syrup.

This tea also happened to go very well with the scone by the way... 
Houjicha soy latte, one of my favourites!
Enjoying tea time like this totally reminds me of a song by one of my favourite Japanese voice actors (seiyuu 声優), Miki Shin'ichirou - Welcome to Tea Time (Tea Time にようこそ).

Listening to this song, having tea and kicking back is my idea of a perfect afternoon! ^_____^
Lyrics

Sabishii toki wa koko e kite
Come here when you’re lonely.
Oishii koucha ikaga deshou?
How about some delicious tea?
Fushigi na kaori suru ocha de kokoro iyashite
Heal your heart with this tea’s miraculous fragrance.

Atsui gogo ni wa suzuyaka na
On a hot afternoon,
Hohoemi no kaze nagashimashou
come bask in the breeze of a refreshing smile.
Samui yoru nara yasashisa no danro wo tsukete
On a cold night, turn on the hearth of gentleness.

Kyou no nayami wa ima sugu ni
Today’s worries instantly
Ocha ni tokashite nomihoshite
melt into the tea, so drink up,
Ashita ni wa egao ni naru tame
that they may become a smile tomorrow.

It's all right itsumo
It’s all right, always.
Sou, ashita wa kyou yori mo kagayaku tame ni aru
Indeed, it’s because tomorrow will be brighter than today.
It's on me itsumo
It’s on me, always.
yume wo torimodosu tame ni oide yo koko e
To take back your dreams, please grace this place with your presence.

Nakitai toki wa sukoshi zutsu
When you feel like crying,
Kibou no kakera mitsukemashou
let’s look for the pieces of hope a little at a time.
Dakara nayami ga aru no nara sotto hanashite
So if you have any cares, gently let them go.

Hito no kokoro no meikyuu de
In the labyrinth of people’s hearts,
Tsukareru koto mo aru deshou
you may sometimes grow weary.
Dakedo yorokobi kureru no mo hito no yasashisa
But that which brings joy is also the gentleness of people…

Jooku tobashite waraiai
...because in the course of trading jokes and sharing laughter,
Ocha mo itsushika sameru koro
even as the tea grows cold,
Atarashii jibun ni naru kara
you'll become a new you.

It's all right itsumo
It’s all right, always.
Sou mainichi ga tabidachi, mae ni susunde yukou
Indeed, everyday is a new journey – let’s forge ahead.
It's on me itsumo
It’s on me, always.
Asu wo sagashi ni youkoso suteki na Tea Time
In search of tomorrow, I invite you to an amazing Tea Time.

It's all right itsumo
It’s all right, always.
Sou, ashita wa kyou yori mo kagayaku tame ni aru
Indeed, it’s because tomorrow will be brighter than today.
It's on me itsumo
It’s on me, always.
yume wo torimodosu tame ni oide yo koko e
To take back your dreams, please grace this place with your presence.

Comments