Matcha Fondue

Dulcet & Studio @ Liang Court, Singapore, was offering this matcha fondue set as a part of their matcha fair a couple of weeks back... and the idea looked too good not to try. (^o^) Unfortunately, I'm not sure if it's still available... =(
Matcha fondue set.
Anyway, I had no regrets trying this. The matcha dip was a smooth, intense and dark matcha chocolate dip. It was sweet, but the intensity and bitterness was strong enough that the sweetness wasn't unwarranted. I absolutely loved the richness of the matcha flavour!

The accompaniments were also great! The little blocks of cake were my favourite. They seemed to be steamed cake, because they were very moist. The green flecked ones were green tea steamed cake, I think, with a good fragrant flavour. The yellow ones were the normal vanilla or plain flavour, which was good too, especially with the matcha dip.

The biscuits were sablé biscuits, from what I could tell... which was awesome because it hit the right Japanese-French note to accompany the fondue dip.

I've noted before that the strawberry-matcha combination went quite well together when I posted about the green tea-red bean roll cake. But strawberries with chocolates generally isn't my preference.

The marshmallows were probably the least impressive, because it was just more sweetness over the sauce. But I suppose some people would like it for the puffy texture, and it's probably a must-have for fondue sets.

I hope they'll include this as a part of their regular menu, so I can enjoy this all year around! It's a nice treat to bring friends to for birthday, dessert or tea time treats! They also have other really nice cakes (like their sweet potato fresh cream cake, which was sold out that day), so I'll definitely recommend this place anytime!

Comments