Power-Packed Veggie Juice

Recently, while shopping at J-Mart @ Star Vista, Singapore, I actually took the time to read the ingredients label of one of those Japanese vegetable juices, which I thought was a relatively common product... but I was blown away by the ingredients list! They even print out tiny images of their at least 30 vegetables they used (or 32, if you count the two extra coloured varieties of carrots). I suppose the bold black words are the name of the product, and it reads something like, "Once-a-day for Daily Vegetables (needs)". (Yasai Ichinichi Kore Ippon) Indeed, I can see why.
Kagome's "Once-a-day Veggie Juice".
Furthermore, it's completely pure - no salt or sugar. Just some lemon juice, which I believe was near the end of the ingredients list.
A mind-boggling and awe-inspiring ingredients list!
So the veggies shown in the image comprise (left to right, top to bottom): tomatoes, carrots (three varieties of different colours are printed), petit vert, kale, red bell peppers, spinach, Jew's mallow (whatever that is), lettuce, celery, ginger, purple cabbage, red shiso (red perilla), yomogi (Japanese mugwort), bok choi (or Chinese cabbage), cauliflower, watercress, parsley, pumpkin, asparagus, onion, beet, daikon (radish), komatsuna (Japanese mustard spinach), purple sweet potato, Angelica keiskei (a herb of the parsley family), a different type of bok choi or Chinese cabbage, egg plant, green peas and gobo. The list made me go @_@.

Taste-wise, it was awesome... like a very rich vegetable soup that was predominantly tomato based. Comparable to those common vegetable juices out there in feel, just that I thought it was somewhat tastier (probably because of all the extra ingredients and the lemon juice).

I suppose like any type of food, guzzling down too much of this (possibly even once a day) may not be too healthy. But I'll definitely be looking to acquire more of this for perhaps twice or thrice weekly consumption. 

It was a bit costlier though, being imported from Japan. I got this for S$2.90. Wonder if I can get it cheaper elsewhere...

Comments