Coconut Milk Mocha

This is the third and final installment on a series of coconut milk drinks that I've been exploring... well, at least until they come up with a new flavour. (I've already covered their original coconut milk drink and their coconut milk Thai tea in earlier posts.)
The final flavour in the coconut milk drink series - mocha.The ingredients were, once again, simple and natural - coconut juice, coconut extract, nata de coco, cocoa powder, coffee powder and sugar.
A pleasant surprise was that the chocolate flavour dominated rather than the coffee... so although I'm not a coffee fan, that didn't affect my enjoyment of this drink. The best way I can describe it is that it was like a light chocolate drink with a coffee flavour and a hint of coconut.

Still, while it was a high quality drink which used good ingredients, and relatively refreshing nonetheless, this was the least preferred of mine. Firstly, the coconut milk flavour was kinda drowned out by the chocolate and coffee flavours, so it kinda made it that much less unique in its flavour.

Secondly, it was too sweet for my liking. I'm not sure why though... sugar's still the last ingredient on their list. But maybe they put more sugar in to counter the bitterness of the coffee. Or maybe the bitterness of the coffee accentuated the sweet taste. No idea. *shrug*

There were also much fewer bits of nata de coco in this compared to the other drinks... or so it seemed to me. I'm fine with this, though, since I don't particularly like having to chew stuff in my *drink*.

Overall, I guess it's still good value for a high quality and unique coffee drink, especially for coffee fans who don't mind a bit of sweetness. But I guess I probably wouldn't purchase this again.

Found this drink interesting? Check out more unusual drinks here!

Comments