A different kind of Christmas cookie...

These weren't officially labeled as Christmas cookies at all... it's just that after taking the photo below, I couldn't help but think that they'd be suitable for the season.

Well, at least, it was between Christmas and traffic light cookies. ^_^ I thought of Christmas because I saw many bakeries in the Singapore Takashimaya basement associating matcha-flavoured products with Christmas as their seasonal product, mainly because of the green colour... which I thought was an ingenious twist.
Red, green and yellow circles... Christmassy colours!
The green one was, well, matcha cookie, the yellow one macaroon cookie (coconut and almond cookie) and the red one red velvet cookie.

I thought green tea and coconut with almond were pretty standard, so I just wanted to comment on the red velvet cookie. It was my first time trying something like it.
Red velvet cookie up close.
To this day, I have yet to figure out exactly what is the red velvet taste. Apparently, the colouring is just beet colouring... so I have no idea how red velvet contributes to the overall gastronomical experience, besides the visual one. From what I've red, it's supposed to have a bit of cocoa powder too? And supposed to be kinda smoother in texture.

Well, the dark specks in this one are chocolate chips. It tasted like a very nice and buttery chocolate chip cookie, only somewhat smoother. But I don't know how much of that "smooth" effect was due to my imagination.

These three were purchased from a bakery in Siam Paragon, Bangkok, I believe. Unfortunately, I threw away the plastic bag, which I think had the bakery's name printed on it. T_T Well, I think it's near BreadTalk in the Food Hall, because the person who bought it back originally thought it was from BreadTalk, until I pointed out that it was another brand printed on the plastic bag.

Comments