Milk Chocolate Gingerbread Digestives

Today's feature was actually supposed to be a seasonal Christmas treat... I know it's past the Christmas season, but I had too many other things to open and consume that I only got to try this now. McVitie's actually has a series of Christmas-flavoured digestives. This one is gingerbread, and the other two (which I haven't opened yet) are mince pie and Christmas pudding flavours, so it's a very European spread.

McVitie's milk chocolate gingerbread digestives
Despite it being an off-the-shelf product, I must say I really loved it. It's like ginger stem cookies, but with more chewy bits from the whole grains found in digestives. And the milk chocolate coating also complements the ginger flavour well, with both the milky and chocolatey notes. The creaminess of the coating also helps to even out the otherwise drier texture of the digestives. So overall, it was a very nice combination, and I look forward to trying the other two flavours.

Comments