Beetroot French Galette (Galette Bretonne Buckwheat Crepe) by Madam Flod

I've tried all the major French crêperies in Singapore, so I decided to make my way down to Madam Flod which opened relatively recently, over the past couple of years. Seeing "Beetroot" as a topping for their galette was unusual, yet the prospect of beetroot with cheese seemed promising, so I ordered it. And it turned out to be my favourite galette ever, certainly across all the galettes I've tried in Singapore.
Beetroot Galette by Madam Flod
Beetroot Galette (Bretonne)

The Beetroot Galette comes with emmental, chèvre (goat cheese), salad, vinaigrette, butter roasted walnut and honey, as do a number of their other galettes. (See below for menu photos.) 

But if you study the ingredients, you'll realise that a lot of them have earthy notes, such as goat cheese (other dairy such as emmental and butter too, except those are milder), walnut and even the galette's buckwheat flour itself. As a result, the beetroot's earthy and refreshing flavour ended up pairing perfectly with these other ingredients.

The earthiness complemented the creaminess of the cheese and the malty grain notes of the buckwheat galette very well to make the overall experience less heavy, while the salt in the cheeses, sweetness in the honey and sour bite of the vinaigrette served as a bed of taste balance with a bit of punch.

The jelly-like texture of the beetroot also complemented the crisp and crunch of the galette, the crunch of the walnut and the creaminess of the cheese perfectly.
Beetroot Galette by Madam Flod - close-up of ingredients
Furthermore, this was possibly one of the crispiest galettes I've had. It was thick and crispy, even crunchy, and resembled a waffle in texture, or a super crispy thosai. 

The experience was so ambrosial that I had a foodgasm, forgot the time and finished it really quickly despite planning to stay there a bit longer. 

Iced Mocha
Iced Mocha by Madam Flod
I also had their iced mocha and it was really good. They use a special homemade dark chocolate ganache that they also use to top their dessert crepes. At first, I was worried about the sweetness level and asked for 50% of the sauce to be used. It still tasted rich, dark and heavenly despite being not too sweet, so that was great.

Madam Flod Menu (May 2026)

Finally, here are the photos of their menu. (Click to enlarge to view text.) They had a seasonal "Crêpe Yuzette" which is a yuzu crêpe suzette which looked interesting, but I wasn't in the mood for sweets then.

Seasonal Menu
Madam Flod seasonal menu (May 2026)
Regular menu
Madam Flod galette menu (May 2026)
Madam Flod crepe menu (May 2026)
Discover other crêpe, pancake, waffle and griddle-type snacks

Comments