Exotic Soy Milk III - Fig

And this is the last of the three relatively unusual soy milk flavours... fig soy milk! Also bought from Isetan @ Westgate, Singapore.
Toyomitsuhime fig soy milk.
I was about to take a picture of the actual drink, but then it was normal in colour and looked like any other soy drink, so I figured just the carton would do.

They used real fruit juice from a special fig variety called Toyomitsuhime, grown in Fukuoka. According to this site, it is exceptionally high in sugar content, juice and smooth texture. I found that very interesting.

As for the taste, it was very fruity, like peach-flavoured soy milk. This one wasn't as sweet as the kiwi soy milk, so I enjoyed it quite a bit! The bright peachy flavour went well with the smooth nutty soy flavour. A bit like a trail mix with nuts and dried apricots I guess? Only in drink form.

Up to now, I had never tried fig juice or fig-flavoured anything, so this was a very interesting experience for me. And maybe there's a distinct flavour from peach, but as of now, I am unable to distinguish the two, especially with the soy flavour added to the mix. I guess I was surprised that it tasted like peach, but I suppose the two fruits are quite similar in a lot of ways... peaches, apricots, nectarines, plums, prunes and figs all seem to be of the same type to me, although I'm not sure if they're from the same scientific family.

Anyway, a delightful find indeed, one that I would gladly buy again!

Found this drink interesting? Check out more unusual drinks hereAlso, if you don't live in Japan, fig-flavoured drinks, let alone soy milk, might be highly unusual to you. If you found this interesting, you can explore more exceptionally unusual food and drinks here!

Comments