Exotic Soy Milk Drink: Carrot

Guess what I found?
Fukuren carrot soy milk drink.
It's carrot soy milk! Although, if you look at the ingredients, it's more like carrot apple soy milk, which makes me really happy - the more interesting the ingredient combination, the better. They even had honey in this! ^_________^

Also, the soybeans and I think carrots too are apparently from Kyushu. Although, I'm not sure if the drink is a Kyushu specialty. 

You may wonder what carrot and apple have to do with each other... well, I believe could be inspired or related to the common fruit juice drink by Pokka called "Carrot". If I remember correctly, apple juice is the second most dominant ingredient in that juice drink, although it contains many other juices.
The original Carrot fruit juice drink that contained apple juice as well... probably the basis on which this soy drink includes apple.
Source: http://www.pokka.com.sg/pokka/templates/pokkaversion2/custom_product_detail.php?id=pdetails-carrot-fruit-juice

Review

Anyway, for this carrot soy milk drink, I was impressed! Carrot and soy milk turned out to be a very good combination... because carrot is sweet and its slight buttery flavour (or however you would describe the carroty flavour) complements the soy very well. I could recognise the flavour of each - carrot, apple and soy, but not too distinctly. It felt almost like a smooth three-toned palette.

And the soy gave it a rich but mellow milky flavour... distinguishing it from normal juice milk drinks.

Overall, a very pleasant find!

I acquired this from Isetan @ Westgate, Singapore, but it was a direct import from Japan. Not too expensive for being an import though - just $2. The other imported drinks were at least $3 or so. And I don't find this product elsewhere, so it's not like they have economies of scale for importing this I guess.

And just as a preview, this is just part one. I found two other very interesting flavours in the same series, so watch this space if you wanna find out what they are!

Found this drink interesting? Check out more unusual drinks here! And if you don't live in Japan, vegetable-flavoured soy milk might be highly unusual. If you found this interesting, you can explore more exceptionally unusual food and drinks here!

Comments