Kobe Pudding KitKat

This is another regional specialty flavour of KitKat - this time from Kobe. It's called "Kobe pudding" in Japanese, but I think they kinda mean something like crème brûlée or caramel pudding. It looks like a normal white chocolate KitKat on the outside, but when you break it, there appears to be these dark brown coloured layers between the wafers. 
Dark layers of some different filling can be seen between the wafers.Pudding KitKat looked like normal white chocolate KitKat from the outside.
Taste-wise, it was like a creamy vanilla flavour of white chocolate, with a slight taste resembling gula melaka (palm sugar) or chestnut somewhere near the aftertaste. I think it was supposed to be the caramelised sugar which accompanies the pudding, and I suspect that's what the dark brown layers inside are for.

I find it interesting that KitKat was able to add different layers of taste, even getting you to encounter the taste later in the gustatory experience, by separating the flavours... one blended in with the chocolate coating, and the other one embedded between the wafers. I have also tried matcha KitKat with sakura filling before, although that was many years back and I probably wasn't paying attention to the nuances of the taste... maybe I should give it another try.

Still, I found this too sweet, and the overall experience of the flavour not exotic enough. So although it was interesting for me to try once, I probably wouldn't buy it again.

And here are pictures of the packaging in case you wanna purchase it to try for yourself.
Kobe Pudding-flavoured KitKat
Kobe Pudding KitKat wrapper.
Found this chocolate interesting? Check out other unusual chocolates here.

Comments